Yes, McDonald’s accepts Apple Pay as a payment method for iPhone users. McDonald’s being the world’s biggest chain of eateries, makes sure it can make billing as seamless for its customers as possible.
This is why, it accepts a range of payment methods and Apple Pay is one among them. Apple Pay, because of its ease of use and unmatched security features has emerged as a preferred payment method for many.
Against the backdrop of this increased popularity of Apple Pay, many restaurants, grocery stores, shopping malls, etc have been accepting it as a payment method for Apple users and McDonald’s is no exception.
What are The Payment Systems That McDonalds Accept?
Mcdonald’s accepts a wide range of commonly used payment methods. This includes:
- All main Visa Cards
- American Express
- Discover Cards
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
- Google Pay
- And others.
Besides, McDonald’s gift cards are another way of paying at McDonald’s.
This range of accepted payment methods means McDonald’s is committed to making the billing experience as quick and easy for the customers as possible. Some other payment methods accepted at McDonald’s include
- Visa Electron.
Does McDonalds Take Apple Pay?
Yes, McDonald’s takes Apple Pay as an accepted payment method at most of its stores.
Your phone or Apple Watch whatever you are using, you can quickly and easily make payment through Apple Pay at their drive-thru or at the point of sale in a McDonald’s store.
There are numerous payment methods supported by McDonald’s, and Apple Pay is one among them.
Owing to the universal presence of McDonald’s across the globe, it is imperative that they provide convenience to their huge customer base by accepting as many legit payment methods as possible.
Hence, Apple Pay, as a popular payment method at stores and restaurants, is embraced by McDonald’s as well.
How To Use Apple Pay on McDonald’s?
Using Apple Pay to make payment at McDonald’s comprises a few simple steps. It is quick, easy, and safe, here is how it’s done in a McDonald’s in-store payment:
- Order the food at McDonald’s
- At the point of sale, tell the cashier that you’d like to pay through Apple Pay
- Hold your phone or Apple Watch just above the contactless payment machine
- You will be prompted to use your Face ID or Touch ID for verification.
- Once your payment is done, you will be provided with a receipt.
How To Pay McDonalds With iPhone and Apple Watch?
You can use Apple Pay to make in-store payments at McDonald’s using your iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad.
It follows some simple and quick steps and you can make a hassle-free payment in no time. Whichever of these devices you are using, the process is the same.
- Just make an order at McDonald’s and let them know you will pay through the Apple Pay payment method. All McDonald’s outlets throughout the US accept Apple Pay.
- Hold your phone or watch above the contactless payment terminal and provide your Touch ID or Face ID if prompted. Payment will be verified in a few seconds and you will get a receipt.
You can use this payment method for in-store ordering, drive-thru, as well as through the McDonald’s app using your Apple Wallet. The process is almost the same for all.
Does McDonalds Drive Thru Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple Pay is accepted at all drive-thru locations across the US. It is simple, speedy, and secure. Let’s understand the process step by step:
- Give your order at the ordering window.
- Once you reach the payment window, tell them you would like to pay through Apple Pay.
- At the contactless payment terminal, hold your Apple Watch or iPhone near the terminal.
- Provide your Face ID or Touch ID for verification if prompted.
- Once the verification is done, you will be given a receipt for the payment.
How To Pay Through Apple Pay Using McDonalds App?
Using Apple Pay for payments through McDonald’s App is one of the easiest ways of payment. It can be used whether you want a home delivery or pick-up. Here is your guide to using Apple Pay with McDonald’s app:
- log in to the McDonald’s App.
- Select the nearest McDonald’s store location.
- Add your desired food items to the cart.
- When you are ready to pay, select Apple Pay as your payment option.
- Make sure the selected card is the one through which you want to make the payment.
- Once payment is made, you will see an OK sign on the screen.
Can I Pay with My Phone at McDonalds?
Yes you can easily make payment through your phone using digital payment methods like Apple Pay, or by using your cards registered with McDonald’s App.
For example, you can pay through your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, etc. by adding them to McDonald’s App.
How To Add McDonalds Gift Card to Apple Wallet?
Adding a gift card to Apple Wallet follows the same process as is followed while adding any debit or credit card to the wallet. Here is a step-by-step guide to adding McDonald’s Gift Card to Apple Wallet:
- Open the Apple Wallet on your iPhone or Apple Watch
- Click on the ‘+’ symbol to add a new card.
- Click on the option that says ‘debit or credit card’
- Provide the gift card number when prompted and the card will be added to your Apple Wallet.
Owing to the omnipresence of McDonald’s it makes sure that the customers are provided with as many legitimate payment options as possible so that the billing process can be made easy and seamless.
McDonald’s has embraced the ease and security provided by digital payment methods including Apple Pay. It allows you to pay, quickly, without hassle, and securely.